It was suggested by one of my Facebook friends to use a Black Tea Rinse to increase thickness and growth of hair. After the second time I rinsed my hair with the black tea, I noticed that I no longer had dandruff. Here’s what I did to get rid of dandruff:
- Caffeinated 100% Natural Black Tea (2-3 tea bags)
- A 2 quart container
- 4 – 6 cups of boiling water
- Plastic Hair Cap
- Small Spray Bottle (optional)
1. Boil Water and Steep Tea – Boil 4-6 cups of water and pour the boiling water into a 2 quart container. Place 2-3 bags of tea in the container of boiling water. Steep the for at least 2 hours. After 2 hours, remove the tea bags from the container of tea. (For 4 cups of water use 2 tea bags, for 6 cups of water use 3 tea bags)
2. Apply Tea after Shampooing Hair – After shampooing the hair, apply the tea to hair. A small spray bottle can be used to apply the tea or it can be poured on to the hair. Let the tea sit on the hair for 15 minutes then apply a moisturizing conditioner (without rinsing the tea out). Cover your hair with a plastic hair cap. Let the conditioner and the tea stay on the hair for another 15 minutes then rinse.
3. How Often? – This doubles as a deep conditioning treatment, so I rinse my hair no more than once a week.
4. Other Benefits of A Black Tea Rinse – After the rinse, I noticed that I had shinier hair with decreased shedding. (YaY) As for growth, I haven’t noticed anything yet, but I will keep you posted.
No more dandruff!
Tips and Warnings:
- Black tea rinse may make the hair darker. If you prefer a tea that is lighter in color, try green tea
- Tea should be cooled before use.
- Black tea will stain light-colored clothing and towels.
- This is a natural dandruff remedy