There are several ways to print from your Android phone and Android tablet, but this is the procedure I use to print. It was easy to set up and it’s easy to use.
Things you will need:
- Android Play Store (formerly Android Market) access to download Google Cloud Print
- Google Chrome Web Browser
- Google account (which you will have if you have an Android phone)
- Computer connected to a printer
1. Download the Google Cloud Print app from the Android Play Store (formerly Android Market)
2. Download Google Chrome if you don’t have it already.
Visit https://www.google.com/chrome to download Google Chrome. (I love Chrome!)
3. Connect your printer to your Google Account
Visit http://www.google.com/landing/cloudprint/. This will give you thorough instructions on connecting your printer to your Google Account. Depending on the type of printer you have, select the proper option. Select Classic Printer if your printer is not Cloud ready,even if your printer is wireless. After selecting the right option, follow the directions for connecting your printer to your Google Account.
4. Install and Set up the Cloud Print app on your phone/tablet
Follow the directions on the screen and connect your Google Cloud Print app to your Google Account using your Google Sign-In information. When you get to the screen about choice of printer, press the Refresh button so that your printer can populate on the list. Select your printer and save it as the default printer.
5. Printing a document from your phone/tablet
In order to print, you will use the share button. This is the same button you use when you share pictures, text, webpages, and etc with others via Facebook, Email, or text. Since you have Google Cloud Print downloaded on your phone/tablet, it will be located with your other options when you select Share. So, while the document you want to print is open, select Share then select Google Cloud Print. When you select Google Cloud Print, select Click Here to Print and Wala!
1. If you have a classic printer, the computer connected to the printer (wireless included) will have to be open to print.
2. If you are printing from the web, you will have several options about the way you want your document to be printed. These options will be available after selecting Google Cloud Print from the Share menu. After you select your printing options, select “Click Here to Print” to print your document.
Any questions? Leave them in the comments section!
Other Interesting Post
Networking Cards: How to Make Networking Business Cards